Nikon D40 Digital SLR Camera Software Driver and Firmware (Version 1.11 and A:1.12 (A: only)) update for Microsoft Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Nikon D40 Software Downloads
Operating System (s) : Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows Xp
- Nikon D40 Win Vista Firmware – Download (126KB)
- Nikon D40 Win Vista Firmware v1.12 – Download (1.70MB)
- Nikon D40 Win Xp Firmware – Download (125KB)
- Nikon D40 Win Xp Firmware v1.12 – Download (1.71MB)
Confirming the firmware version:
- Turn on the Nikon D40
- Press the MENU button and select Firmware Version from the setup menu.The camera’s firmware version will be displayed.
- Turn off the Nikon D40
Basic Download and Nikon D40 Installation instructions for Windows and Macintosh:
- Create a new folder with an appropriate name on your computer’s hard drive.
- Download D40fw111Update.zip to the folder created in step 1.
- Extract D40fw111Update.zip to create the folder titled D40fw111Update, containing the following file(s):
- AD400111.bin – BD400111.bin
- This firmware must be completed in 2 steps, first for the A file alone, format the card, then again for the B file.
- Connect the camera to the computer via USB cable (be sure that the camera’s USB item in the setup menu is set to Mass Storage), or use a card reader, and copy the downloaded firmware, AD400111.bin, to a formatted SD memory card inserted in the camera or card reader.
- If the camera was connected to the computer, use standard OS procedures to disconnect the camera from the computer.
- Insert the SD memory card containing the downloaded firmware into the camera and turn on the camera. Select Firmware version from the setup menu and follow instructions displayed to upgrade the D40 camera’s firmware.
- After the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the SD memory card.
- Once A firmware upgrade is complete, confirm the camera’s firmware version.
- Format the memory card in camera, then repaet the process for the BD400111.bin.
- If you changed the USB setting to perform this upgrade, it can now be changed back to MTP/PTP.
Modifications/Note for Nikon DSLR D40 Firmware Version 1.11 and A:1.12 (A: only):
- This service provides software for upgrading D40 A and B firmware to Ver. 1.11.Shooting times were not always accurately recorded in image data for images captured in bursts of continuous shooting.This issue has been resolved.
- This service provides software for upgrading D40 A firmware to Ver. 1.12. If this latest firmware version is already installed in your camera, you need not proceed with download or installation of this Firmware Upgrade. Current firmware versions can be verified from the Firmware version item in the camera’s setup menu.The camera’s B firmware must be Ver. 1.11 to upgrade A firmware to Ver. 1.12. Be aware that proper operation of your D40 is not guaranteed with the combination of A firmware Ver. 1.12 and B firmware Ver. 1.00 or Ver. 1.10.
Operating System (s) : Mac OS 9.0.4, Mac OS 9.2.2, Mac OS 10.1.5, Mac OS 10.2, Mac OS 10.3, Mac OS 10.4, Mac OS 10.5, Mac OS 10.6.2
Download the software, firmware and drivers to keep your Nikon D40 DSLR Camera.