Nikon D40X Digital SLR Camera Software Driver and Firmware (Version A:1.01) update for Microsoft Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Nikon D40X Software Downloads
Operating System (s) : Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows Xp
Confirming the firmware version:
- Turn on the Nikon D40X
- Press the MENU button and select Firmware Version from the setup menu.The camera’s firmware version will be displayed.
- Turn off the Nikon D40X
Basic Download and Nikon D40X Installation instructions for Windows and Macintosh:
- Create a new folder with an appropriate name on your computer’s hard drive.
- Download D40XUpdate.zip to the folder created in step 1.
- Extract D40XUpdate.zip to create the folder titled D40X Update, containing the following file(s): A40X0101.bin: the firmware.
- Connect the camera to the computer via USB cable (be sure that the camera’s USB item in the setup menu is set to Mass Storage), or use a card reader, and copy the downloaded firmware, A40X0101.bin, to a formatted SD memory card inserted in the camera or card reader.
- If the camera was connected to the computer, use standard OS procedures to disconnect the camera from the computer.
- Insert the SD memory card containing the downloaded firmware into the camera and turn on the camera. Select Firmware version from the setup menu and follow instructions displayed to upgrade the Nikon D40X camera’s firmware.
- After the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the SD memory card.
- Once A firmware upgrade is complete, confirm the camera’s firmware version.
- If you changed the USB setting to perform this upgrade, it can now be changed back to MTP/PTP.
Modifications/Note for Nikon DSLR D40X Firmware Version A:1.01:
- Remaining battery charge is now accurately detected for Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries EN-EL9a.With firmware Ver. 1.00, the number of images that could be captured (battery performance) when an EN-EL9a was used, was less than when an EN-EL9 was used. By upgrading A firmware to v.1.01, EN-EL9a performance is maximized so that more images can be captured (battery performance) when an EN-EL9a is used than when an EN-EL9 is used.
Operating System (s) : Mac OS 10.1.5, Mac OS 10.2, Mac OS 10.3, Mac OS 10.4, Mac OS 10.5, Mac OS 10.6.2
- Nikon D40X Mac Firmware – Download (126KB)
Download the software, firmware and drivers to keep your Nikon D40X DSLR Camera.